Our Grandma of the day is Dominique and she will be preparing Chicken and Langoustines Casserole.
- 1 free-range chicken – 2 kilos, in separated parts
- 12 langoustines
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 fresh fennel
- 2 carrots
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 garlic claws
- 2 biscuits Maria
- 12 mini potatoes
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 1 handful of toasted hazelnuts
- 6 dices of dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 liters of chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 2 spoons wheat flour
- olive oil
- trickle of vi ranci (Caticlan spirit wine)
- trickle of cognac
- 2 laurel leaves
- Mix the chicken with salt, pepper and flour.
- In a skillet pan with hot oil, brown the chicken on all sides.
- In another casserole with hot oil fry the langoustines briefly and put them aside in a bowl for later.
- In the same casserole fry onion and finely chopped carrot, when half cooked, add grated.
tomatoes without the skin until the mixture becomes consistent.
- Add wine and cognac and stir gently.
- Add the chicken and broth and cover until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the boiled potatoes and langoustines.
- Whilst this is cooking, in a mortar, mix the hazelnuts, chocolate, parsley, biscuits, garlic into a
paste and add them into the casserole. Cook for a further 4 minutes and turn the fire off.
- Let it rest for about 5 to 10 mins. before serving.